🚀 The Book in
3 2 Sentences
- Make a conscious choice that you want to ship work. Show up consistently and trust that great work will follow.
- There’s no such thing as writers block. Trust the process
I think this book had some interesting points about the creative process, however I did not enjoy the structure. It’s more like a collection of blog posts rather than a book, so I found it hard to get in a good flow and almost didn’t finish it. The message is very clear; You just have to trust yourself and the process of shipping work.
How I Discovered It
Recommended by Arun Venkatesan's newsletter
Who Should Read It?
Anyone that wants to create and ship stuff (and enjoys the bite-sized nature of this book)
☘️ How the Book Changed Me
A good reminder that shipping creative work is a choice. You simply show up consistently and do the work, trusting your process.
✍️ My Top 3 Quotes
- “We don’t ship the work because we’re creative. We’re creative because we ship the work.”
- “Good ideas come from bad ideas, but only if there are enough of them.”
- “Build streaks. Do the work every single day. Blog daily. Write daily. Ship daily. Show up daily. Find your streak and maintain it.”